The first lesson is always a trial lesson.
If for any reason you are not happy we will fully refund any pending charges or help you find a new teacher. Your choice!
As a piano teacher, I aim to perpetuate knowledge and inspire students learning this amazing rich polyphonic instrument with a complete orchestral range. My teaching approach based on a step by step process of understanding the music texture deeply and from every aspect.
My teaching method, directs students to develop a natural motion piano playing, in order music to be sounded as a language (and not as a machine) with balance on dynamics and appropriate breathing, based on the hand and weighted motion coming from the arm, wrist and even the whole upper body.
A correct musicianship piano education is the only way to cultivate a complete musical knowledge pupil and non even one of the following subjects should be missing from a piano lesson: ear & rhythmic training, lesson or repertoire & studies/etudes book, sight reading, theory, technique and scales. From my opinion, if any of these subjects are missing from a piano lesson the music training collapses.
Another aspect included in my teaching is not only presenting repertoire pieces but also teaching independent critical listening and thinking.
*2006 Fugue contrapuntal composition & orchestration Certificate of two years at Municipal Conservatory of Volos Greece
*2004 Counterpoint and Orchestral Instrumentation (from Renaissance to Baroque period) composition for two years at Municipal Conservatory of Volos Greece.
*2000 ARCT Piano Honours Teacher's Diploma at Glenn Gould Professional School of Music of the Royal Conservatory of Music Toronto.
*1999 ARCT Piano Honours Performer Diploma foul time studies at Glenn Gould Professional School of Music of the Royal Conservatory of Music Toronto.
Piano Performer ARCT Diploma from Glenn Gould Professional School of Music (Associate of the Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto) “Honours”.
Piano Teacher ARCT Diploma from Glenn Gould Professional School of Music (Associate of the Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto) “Honours”
Fugue, Counterpoint and Harmony, “Excellent” and “with distinction” Municipal Conservatory of New Ionia, Greece & Royal Conservatory of Music
Professional and Teaching Experience
2014 to present Choir teacher at Metamorfosis Greek Orthodox School
2013 to present Piano and theory instructor at Toronto School of Music
2013 to present Piano instructor at Elite Music Academy
2005-2012 Teacher of classic piano and harmony, Tragoudaras privet Conservatory (Volos Greece)
2006-2012 Primary Education substitute music teacher - Choirs (Greek Ministry of Education)
2000-2006 Secondary Education Music School substitute piano teacher and ensemble teacher.
2012-present Composer, arranger, producer, Astral Music Records label (Sydney Australia)
2008-2010 Songwriter at Intro Music Records label (Athens Greece)
2007-2008 Modern music theory and piano teaching, Municipal Conservatory (Volos Greece)
2002-2007 Teacher in music theory, classical and modern piano, music technology (music
software: Sibelius, Nuendo, VST Software Sound/Instruments)
Organization for Culture Conservatory of N. Ionia Municipality, Greece
• Registered Music Teacher of the O.R.M.T.A. Ontario Registered Music Teachers’ Association
• Register Music Teacher of the C.F.M.T.A. Canadian Federation of Music Teachers’ Association
• Foul time studies on music material composition for 4 years (conservatory studies of material from
Renaissance to late baroque fugue writing).
• Piano Master Classes ( Glenn Gould Professional School of Music four years of studies)
• Material of Classical & Romantic Composition (two years, academic curriculum)
• Piano Pedagogy 1 & 2 (two years, academic curriculum)
• Piano Pedagogy Viva Voce (one year, academic curriculum)
• Orff Pedagogy 1 (one year, academic curriculum)
• Ear Rhythmic Training & Sight (three years, academic curriculum)
• Introductory Piano RCM Adjudicating (one year, academic curriculum)
• Musicianship 1, 2 & 3 (three years, academic curriculum)
• Humanities – Western Culture & Humanities English Composition (two years, academic curriculum)
• Keyboard Harmony 2, 3 & keyboard Harmony Jazz Improvisation (three years, academic curriculum)
• Piano Literature (one year, academic curriculum)
• Advanced Conducting, one year course ( Glenn Gould Professional School of Music)
• Pedagogical Training certification, University of Pedagogical and Technological
Education Ministry of Greek Education, Athens Greece.
• Seminars with subject “Why are we studying Bach”, lector Nikos Hatzinikos (pianist)
Music Software and Technical Competence
Sibelius, Nuendo, VST midi & standalone instrument software, studio recording & sound engineer – production.
Honors / Awards
• First Place (Gold Medal), at 7th National Classical Composition competition by the Youth Orchestra and Choir organization (X.O.N.) under the auspices of UNESCO and the Greek Ministry of Education (Athens Greece)
• Performance of classical symphonic composition of mine by Gruppetto Quartet in Athens College (Athens Greece)
• Honorable Mention prize, at the Song of the Year Contest for (Texas US)
• Suggested Artist, at the Song of the Year Contest (Texas US)
Performance / Art / Composing
• August 25 2013, C.B.C. Glenn Gould Studio performance, piano solo recital and accompanied opera singers as member of the “Toronto, ON - Artist International Music & Dance Association (AIMDA)”.
• Performance in Contemporary Showcase, on works of composer Clermont Pepin, Alliance for Canadian
New Music Projects (Toronto Canada)
• Performance as launch pianist in Skithos’ Greek island hotels for the years 2007 & 2008 summer season.
• Performance with the Estoudiantina Choir – by Dalaras & Glikeria “Dedicated to Mikra Asia” (Athens Greece Ancient Theater Irodotou Attikou below Acropolis).
• Performances as pianist and keyboard-synth player with several music bands and pop artists in all over Greece
• Performance on Piano for Juno mission conference organized by the Vangelis Foundation for Research, Music and Science, with participants from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory of NASA and the composer Vangelis Papathanasiou.
Be at the lesson on time.
One lesson cancellation every two month period is aloud and the missed lesson will be substitute in the school holidays break.
A cancellation by the student must requested 48 hours in prior of the lesson, so the teacher can have enough time to replace that cancellation at his/her time table.
The above Studio Policies are Ontario Music Teacher Association legislation.